VEC encourages businesses to conserve energy and benefit our members and environment.
Use these ways to save energy to run your business comfortably and economically:
- Buy computers, printers, scanners and copiers with the federal government's Energy Star® label for efficient electricity use.
- Buy multi-function machines rather than stand-alone copiers, faxes and scanners.
- Set your computer to "sleep" mode when you leave for extended periods of time.
- Use compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) to save energy and cut pollution.
- Use the printer when making three copies or less; for more, use the copier.
ENERGY STAR is a registered trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and is a joint program of the EPA and the U.S. Energy Department.